Sunday, December 19, 2010

Oh fudge!

The holiday season always kicks my butt.  However, as an early Christmas present to my blog readers, I thought I would share my yummy sour cream fudge recipe.

2 cups sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup light corn syrup
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla
Optional: 1/4 cup chopped candied cherry and/or 1 cup chopped nuts

Combine all ingredients save vanilla and any optional mix-ins in a heavy two quart sauce pan.  Bring to boil, stirring until sugar disolves.  Boil to 236* (soft ball stage) WITHOUT STIRRING.  Let stand fifteen minutes WITHOUT STIRRING.  Seriously, don't even put a lid on it.  Add vanilla, stir until it begins to loose it's gloss.  Add cherries/nuts/whatever.  (I made a fruitcake batch once.  I was the only one who ate it.)  Pour into buttered pan, cool and cut.

Happy Christmas early, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment